A Guide to Using SuperDville’s Videos and Companion Curriculum
Learn about all that our episodes and companion curriculum have to offer; from hands-on activities, intro letters for parents, SEL booklists, motivational printables and more. Watch our seven-minute tutorial and you will be ready to use SuperDville in any classroom, library, after-school setting or at home.
Scope and Sequence
All of our episodes include the five core CASEL competencies. Our research team identified three additional competencies for children with LD (belonging, learning goals, and resilience). Read our Elementary School White Paper and read our Middle School White Paper to find out more.
Our episode sequencing is research-based, with consideration of the developmentally appropriate stages for introducing each SEL theme.
Themes are repeated in multiple episodes, as repetition is crucial to a young learner’s mastery of new concepts. The video storylines become more advanced but they allow students to practice some of the same SEL themes from grade to grade.
The 6th grade sequence deepens many of the themes present in the earlier grades while introducing new skills to meet the increased responsibilities of middle school academics and growing social awareness of preadolescent students.
- Leveraging strengths to independently overcome challenges
- Navigating conflict in peer relationships
- Taking ownership of learning with self-advocacy strategies
The skills included in this series are: RESILIENCE BELONGING LEARNING GOALS
When the W.U.N.D.R team discovers that Atias is secretly a ping-pong champion, they set out to do a story on his preparation for the upcoming national tournament. On camera, Atias finds himself unable to articulate his feelings about the game and is overwhelmed by the WUNDR team’s glowing response to his talent. After he races away from the table, Logan finds him and they are able to talk through his emotions. He realizes that his relationship to ping-pong is not about the rush and roar of competition. By taking the time to identify his emotions, Atias is able to make the decision to withdraw from the tournament and return to playing ping-pong for the reasons he fell in love with it: relaxation and meditation.
- Build family engagement by sending home the prewritten parent letter introducing SuperDville and offering caregivers access to the episodes and discussion guides in multiple languages!
- Select read alouds from the reading list that complement the SEL themes your students are working on.
- Utilize the anchor chart suggestions (you can either print the documents directly from the site or use them as guides to create poster size graphics for your classroom).
- Round out the year by sending home certificates of completion to help students build a sense of accomplishment.
(Episodes and Curriculum in Spanish will be available by the end of the year.)